- Xero Plans
- Contact Us
Who should have a Succession Planning session?
All business owners should have a Succession Plan in place. Whether you plan on exiting in three years or 30 years, it’s important now. It’s not just about extracting maximum value from your business to provide for your future. Should an unforeseen event occur, lack of planning will cause unnecessary stress and potentially compromise your sale price, client relationships and the overall reputation of your business.
Key benefits of having a Succession Planning session:
What is involved?
We will facilitate a half-day one on one Succession Planning session where you’ll define your goals and objectives with respect to your eventual exit from your business. You’ll complete pre-work prior to the session to identify any burning issues so that we can prepare accordingly. During the session we’ll work with you to create a one page Succession Plan to guide you through this process. We will help you:
· Determine what you want out of your business
· Clarify your succession options
· Identify the key people involved
· Ascertain the timeline and key milestones for your Succession Plan
· Clarify the various personal, business, financial, legal and taxation aspects you need to consider
· Identify the actions and strategies you need to take to make your objectives achievable